John joined Sodexo in 2009 as a Senior Manager of Talent Development within Corporate Services where he created succession planning and learning action plans for all Division employees. During that time he also implemented an Operational Effectiveness program for which he won the Gold Spirit of Sodexo Award. He then ran a similar program within Sodexo’s Health Care Division.
From the start of his career with Sodexo John engaged with the Office of Diversity by becoming certified in most of Sodexo’s Diversity Learning Labs. Then he became chapter leader of PRIDE - Sodexo’s LBGTA network group and then became the Program Manager on the National Leadership team. He volunteered for several projects within the Office of Diversity to expand his diversity experience and worked with each Employee Business Resource Group (EBRG) developing the 2013 EBRG National Leadership Team Meeting.
In August 2013, John realized his goal of becoming a member of Sodexo’s Office of Diversity and became the Director of Employee Business Resource Groups. He currently leads and supports nine EBRGs:
1. AALF – African-American Leadership Forum
2. HONOR – Honoring our Nation’s finest with Opportunity and Respect
3. i-Gen – Intergenerational Network Group
4. NAAC – Native American and Aboriginal Council
5. PANG – Pan Asian Network Group
6. PRIDE – People Respecting Individuality, Diversity and Equality
7. SOAR – Sodexo Organization for disAbilities Resources
8. SOL – Sodexo Organization of Latinos
9. WiNG – Women’s Network Group
Before joining Sodexo John was with AchieveGlobal, a leader in the talent development space managing learning and development implementations for many Fortune 500 companies and their global employees. His professional life started as a Social Worker creating and implementing case management programs in the Chicago area.
As a graduate of St. Louis University, a Jesuit institution, John learned that being of service to others was not only a personal mission but also became his career goal. Today, his role as Director of EBRGs combines both.