As Senior Vice President of Sales Development, Recruiting and Training, Maria Ruiz Margenot is responsible for leading all sales development, talent transformation and talent acquisition efforts for Wyndham Vacation Ownership brands. She is based at the company’s headquarters in Orlando, Fla.
A vacation ownership industry veteran with 36 years of experience, Maria is a highly strategic and results driven business executive and sales leader with extensive vacation ownership experience. She has played a key role in developing and implementing a myriad of industry leading training and talent acquisition programs. Maria began her illustrious Wyndham Vacation Ownership career in 1991 and has been actively involved in nearly every sales and marketing aspect of the organization. Maria is know as a leader with a success history that includes maximizing immediate performance of people, business economics and profits. In her roles she has been a leader, developing marketing strategies, creating and implementing sales systems, and managing multiple sales and marketing lines along with leading the sales and marketing efforts of WVO’s South Florida resorts to record success.
Maria is a member of several organizations committed to diversity and inclusion including, the Hispanic Chamber of Congress of Metro Orlando Trustee Member, the Human Rights Campaign, Equality Florida and Equality Means Business. She is also the founding executive sponsor of FUERTE!, Wyndham Worldwide’s Hispanic Associate Business Group, which now boasts over 1,000 members. She is a board member with Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Orlando. Additionally, she fundraises and performs community service in support of the historic preservation efforts and sustainability, LGBT and women’s rights.
• Gold Stevie® Award Winner - Sales Support Team of the Year - WVO Training Team, 2016
• American Resort Development Association (ARDA) Sales Team Award Finalist – WVO Training Team, 2016
• Silver Stevie® Award Winner - Sales Training or Coaching Program of the Year, 2015
• ARDA Circle of Excellence (ACE) Award Finalist – Sales - Training Program, 2015
• ARDA ACE Innovation Award Winner – WVO Sales iPad Initiative: Swipe.Click.Sell., 2014
• National Professional Women’s Association, Woman of the Year, 2013-2014
• Multicultural Leadership Award- Florida Diversity Council, 2013
• Represented Wyndham Worldwide – Top 50 Latina Women Award at the White House, 2010
• Distinguished Vice President Award – Wyndham Vacation Ownership
• Keynote Award, RCI (Resort Condominium International)
• President’s Club Award recipient, Wyndham’s highest honor, 23 of the last 25 years